Update: 12th May 2021 at 12:00 GMT
Monday's announcement from HM's Government lowers England's Covid-19 Alert Level from 4 to 3 from 17th May 2021.
I am delighted to report that the new Level 3 Alert permits all holiday accommodation (including hotels and B&Bs) to open their doors to one and all from Monday 17th May 2021... albeit with some key conditions.
The over-arching changes to the rules and the new guidance can be found HERE.
The guidance for Hotels and other Guest Accommodation was updated yesterday and I am in the process of analysing the lengthy guidance. Key updates will be highlighted here and a Risk Assessment will be published in due course. Click HERE for the guidance itself.
- The maximum size of any single party staying at Sandfield Guest House is 6 adults or 2 households/bubbles.
- There will be no restrictions on domestic travel, though people should continue to follow guidance on travelling safely. People are encouraged to walk or cycle rather than use public transport where possible. Private vehicles can be used, within the legal gathering limits.
- People can travel outside their local area or to other areas and stay overnight in hotels and other holiday accommodation, within the legal gathering limits (groups of up to 6 people or 2 households/bubbles).
- It is a legal requirement for staff and customers to wear face coverings in certain settings such as retail and hospitality venues, unless an exemption applies. In these settings, businesses also have a legal duty to remind people to wear face coverings. See the section on face coverings and PPE for more information.
- Hotel and guest accommodation facilities are legally required to keep a record of all visitors, customers and staff aged 16 or over who are on the premises, to support NHS Test and Trace. I also display an official NHS QR code poster so that guests can ‘check in’ using this option as an alternative to providing their contact details.
- Below you will find the process that will be followed if there is a confirmed case of Covid-19 on the premises and any implications for the guest, such as additional costs if their stay is extended. Unless otherwise provided for in the contractual terms of the booking, the guest will be expected to pay the costs of an extended stay in all but exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances may include, but are not limited to, where the I have failed to follow government guidance to create a COVID-secure environment.
I currently have no plans to change the rigorous processes or procedures that I have put in place to mitigate any risk to guests or my family at Sandfield Guest House.
The conditions for National Travel that continue to apply and can be found HERE.
In short, you must not travel at all if you:
You must wear a face covering in all public areas on the premises (Hall, Stairs, Landing) unless you are exempt or have a reasonable excuse. This is the law. Read guidance on face coverings.
The UK Government has categorised Departure Countries as Red, Amber and Green. You can find out which category your nation has been given and the rules by which you must abide HERE.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns.... I'll do my best to be of service.
Please click to expand each section: