This evening we were asked to collect our 1 year old daughter from nursery because she had a temperature of 37.9C. The nursery’s procedure is now to exclude any child whose temperature exceeds 37.8C & their siblings in line with current UK Government advice. As such, our daughter (& 3 year old son) have now been asked not to attend nursery for 14 days (until 31st March 2020).
Neither I nor my wife nor our son exhibit symptoms of any kind.
As such, it is only right that you are fully appraised of the circumstances. Sandfield Guest House will continue to welcome guests (armed with this information) up to & until my wife, son or I exhibit symptoms or the Government decides that all guest houses must close their doors.
I extend the offer of a full refund to any guests who decide not to stay at Sandfield House as a result.
For those guests who do wish to keep their bookings but would prefer not to take breakfast, I offer a £7.50/person per night discount.
We continue to maintain the utmost vigilance & care in maintaining hygiene here at Sandfield Guest House. Actions introduced in the last couple of weeks include:
- A hand sanitising station in the porch with a notice for visitors to use it before even touching the front door, the door handles or doorbell.
- All of such surfaces are disinfected 4 times a day & on an ad hoc basis when their use is noted.
- Sanitisers, tissues & a dedicated pedal-bin have been placed at the entrance to the Dining Room in the Hall.
- All guest rooms are equipped with hand-sanitiser, anti-bacterial handwash, tissues & public advice notices.
- Public notice signage & handwashing guides have been distributed throughout the premises.
- House-keeping has been geared up to disinfect frequent-contact-surfaces (handles, switches, remotes, bannisters, etc) as part of the daily routine.
- Extra care is taken with food preparation – I use latex gloves when preparing breakfast & my hand-cleaning is fastidious.
It is my hope that this information will not impact your decision to book your stay at Sandfield Guest House but fully understand if you prefer to cancel your booking. If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask them!
Best wishes, stay safe,